This article will guide you on how to configure your camera on Reolink software.
Applies to: Reolink PoE cameras
This article contains the following six parts:
- Live View
- Detection and Alarms
- Recording and Playback
- Use the Reolink App
- Camera Settings
- Smart Home
You may learn the live view page buttons on the Reolink App following the article below:
And here is a brief introduction to the buttons on the live view page of the Reolink Client:
If you have several cameras added to your Reolink software, you can view multiple streams at the same time. Please follow the articles below.
- How to View Multiple Streams at the Same Time on Reolink App
- How to Live View Multiple Cameras via Reolink Client (New Client)
If you want to view your camera in full screen, here are the intstructions for you:
The clip function enables you to enlarge the specific area and have a check. You can enable the clip function under the Clip Settings option via Reolink software.
If your camera is mounted upside down, the image will need to be rotated as well. You may follow the guides below to rotate the image.
- How to Rotate the Image Upside Down via Reolink App
- How to Rotate the Image Upside Down via Reolink Client (New Client)
Change live stream mode
If you want to view the camera with better image quality, please follow the guides below to change the stream type.
- How to Change Live Stream Mode on Reolink App
- How Change Live Stream Mode on Reolink Client (New Client)
You may follow this guide to configure image settings for your cameras via the Reolink App and the Reolink client.
- How to Set up Image Settings for Reolink Cameras
- How to Set up Advanced Image Settings via Reolink Client (New Client)
You may learn more information about the IR lights on this article: What's IR Illumination
And here is the working principle of the IR cut: How Does IR-cut Work
For how to configure the IR lights, please refer to:
- How to Enable/Disable IR Lights via Reolink App
- How to Enable/Disable IR Lights via Reolink Client (New Client)
Detection and Alarms
You can set up detection sensitivity referring to the articles below:
- Set up Motion Detection Sensitivity via Reolink App
- Set up Motion Detection Sensitivity via Reolink Client (New Client)
- Set up Motion Detection Sensitivity via a Web Browser
If you want to set up motion detection zone for your camera, please kindly refer to:
- How to Set up Motion Detection Zones via Reolink App
- How to Set up Motion Detection Area via Reolink Client (New Client)
- How to Set up Motion Detection Area via Web Browser
You can set up maximum object size and minimum object size at the same time for smart person and vehicle detection separately. If the moving objects are smaller than the minimum object size or bigger than the maximum object size, alarms will not be triggered. This can help reduce false alarms caused by spider webs, light changes, and raindrops.
For more details, please refer to:
- How to Set the Maximum and Minimum Object Size via the Reolink App (Video)
- How to Set up Object Size via Reolink Client
With the push notification feature enabled, a message notification will be sent to your phone when motion is detected.
To set up push notification, please refer to:
- How to Enable Push Notifications on iOS and Android Phones
- How to Adjust the Volume of Push Notification Sound
- How to Receive Push Notification on Different Phones
With the email alert feature enabled, you will be be able to receive a notification via email when motion is detected.
To set up email alert, please refer to:
- How to Set up Email Notifications via Reolink App
- How to Set up Email via Reolink Client (New Client)
Recording and Playback
Reolink PoE cameras support both motion recordings and continuous recordings. And the recordings can be saved into a micro SD card or be uploaded to an FTP server.
SD card recording and playback
To set up motion recording, please refer to:
- How to Set up Record Schedule via Reolink App
- Set up Record Schedule via Reolink Client
- Set up Record Schedule via Web Browsers
To set up continuous recording, please refer to:
You may refer to the following articles to playback and download the recordings saved to the SD card:
- How to Search, Playback and Download Recordings on Reolink App (Video)
- How to Playback/Download/Cut Recordings via Reolink Client (New Client)
- Playback Recordings via Web Browser
- How to Download Recordings via Web Browser
FTP recording and playback
You may refer to the following articles to set up continuous recording to FTP for Reolink devices.
- How to Setup Upload Continuous Recording to FTP on Reolink App
- How to Setup Upload Continuous Recording to FTP on Reolink Client
- How to Setup Upload Continuous Recording to FTP on Web Browser
You may follow the steps below to download and playback the FTP recordings:
Time-lapse photography, also known as time-lapse video, is a shooting technique that compresses time. It shoots a group of photos or videos, by connecting photo series or extracting video frames, the process of several minutes, hours, or even several years is compressed into a short period of time and played as a video. In a time-lapse video, the process of slowly changing objects or scenes is compressed into a short period of time, presenting a wonderful scene that is usually undetectable by naked eyes.
Currently only some of the PoE cameras can support the time-lapse function, please refer to: Which Cameras Support Time-Lapse
For how to set time lapse, please refer to:
- How to Set up the Time-Lapse Feature and Playback the Time-Lapse Video via Reolink App (Video)
- How to Delete Time-Lapse Captures via Reolink App
- How to Download Time-Lapse Captures via Reolink App
- How to Set up Time Lapse via Reolink Client
- How to Download and Delete Time-lapse Captures via Reolink Client
Use the Reolink App
Share your devices
You can share your configured cameras with the others by showing the QR code on the Share page. Please refer to:
Scene mode is designed for different usage scenarios. You could control all your cameras under different modes according to your requirement. For instance, you could disable all the alarms under home mode when you're at home, and enable all the alarms under outside mode when you are away from home.
You may refer to When to Use Scene Mode to check when you need to set up scene mode for your camera. And below you will find the instructions on how to set up and delete scene mode.
Add a camera
If you want to add your camera to Reolink App or Client, here are some instructions for you:
- How to Add Reolink Camera or NVR to Reolink App
- How to Add Cameras or NVR by UID via Reolink Client (New Client)
- How to Add Cameras or NVRs to Reolink Client by Manually Entering IP (New Client)
Delete a camera
If you want to delete your camera from Reolink software, please refer to:
- How to Delete Devices via the Reolink App (Video)
- How to Delete Cameras/NVRs from Reolink Client (New Client)
Please check the system information of your camera according to this article:
Here we will guide you to change the login password for your camera:
Date and time
You may refer to the following articles to configure the date and time (including the time format) for your Reolink camera.
- How to Sync the Date&Time of Your Camera with Your Phone via Reolink App
- How to Set Date&Time via Client (New Client)
Reboot and restore
To reboot or restore Reolink cameras, please refer to the following instructions:
- Manually Reboot via Reolink App
- How to Restore Reolink Cameras/NVRs via Reolink App
- How to Restore Reolink Products via PC Client (New Client)
Here are some videos for your reference:
- How to Reboot or Restore Device via the Reolink App (Video)
- How to Restore Cameras via Reolink Client (New Client) (Video)
You may follow the steps below to upgrade the firmware for Reolink cameras on Reolink software:
- How to Upgrade Firmware via Reolink Client (New Client)
- How to Upgrade Firmware via Web Browsers
- How to Upgrade Firmware via PoE NVRs (New UI）
- How to Upgrade Firmware via PoE NVRs
Some of the Reolink cameras can work with Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
Please check whether your camera supports this function referring to the articles below.
Please upgrade your Reolink cameras to the latest firmware to make them work with smart home.
You may refer to this article to upgrade your camera to the latest firmware: How to Upgrade the Firmware for Reolink Products
These two articles introduces how to add cameras to smart home:
Article is closed for comments.