This article is the all-embracing instructions on how to hard reset Reolink Cameras and NVRs. You could find the corresponding hard reset method based on your device model.
Applies to: All Reolink Cameras and NVRs
1. How to Hard Reset Reolink Cameras:
The below articles show you how to reset different types of Reolink cameras by pressing the Reset button.
- For Reolink PoE & WiFi cameras (C & E series cameras excluded), see How to Reset Bullet or Dome Cameras.
For Argus, Argus 2 and Argus Pro, see How to Reset Reolink Argus, Argus 2 and Argus Pro.
- For Reolink Go, see How to Reset Reolink Go.
- For Argus Eco, see How to Reset Reolink Argus Eco.
- For Argus PT, see How to Reset Argus PT.
- For Reolink E series cameras, see How to Reset Reolink E Series Cameras.
- For Reolink Lumus, please refer to How to Reset Reolink Lumus
Note: Resetting the cameras by pressing the Reset button will restore your device to factory default settings. You should reconfigure the device or you can load the configuration files you have backed up before the reset.
2. How to Hard Reset Reolink NVRs:
Make sure that the NVR is powered on, find the reset button on the back of the NVR, then keep pressing the reset button until you hear the buzzing “bee”.
For RLN8-410, RLN16-410 and RLN36:
Step 1. Remove the outer casing of the NVR using the screwdriver.
Step 2. Press the Reset button for 10 seconds until you hear the buzzing “bee”.
The Reset button of 8-Channel POE NVR:
Here is a video for your reference to reset the 8 channel NVR:
The Reset button of 16-Channel NVR:
Here is a video for your reference to reset the 16 channel NVR:
The Reset button of RLN36:
Note: For RLN8-410 (hardware version H3MB02/H3MB16), and RLN16-410 (hardware version H3MB02/H3MB06), hard reset the NVR will only reset your Account and Resolution settings back to the original settings. Please make sure the NVR system is on the live view page throughout the whole process. Press the USB mouse and make sure all icons are hidden and the NVR is in live view on the monitor just as in the picture below:
Step 3. After the Setup Wizard pops out, create a new password and follow the Setup Wizard to complete the setup.