By checking the wifi signal via Reolink App, you may know which WiFi is more suitable for your camera to be connected to so that a stable connection can be kept.
Applies to: Reolink WiFi cameras and battery-powered WiFi cameras
Note: The WiFi signal strength of wireless cameras can be interfered with by numerous factors, such as other WiFi networks around, the distance from the router/hotspot, walls/obstacles in between, transmitting power of the router/extender, etc.
Step 1. Launch Reolink App and log in to your Reolink camera, then tap the icon to enter the Device Settings page.
Step 2. Choose Network to check the WiFi signal strength of the wireless camera.
Make sure that the wireless signal is three bars or at least two bars. One bar signal is too weak to establish a stable connection. If the WiFi signal strength is low/weak, please refer to the following guides to improve the WiFi signal strength of the wireless camera.
- Shorten the distance between your wireless camera and the router.
- Change the wireless channel on your router to avoid interference from WiFi networks around.
- Keep the wireless camera some distance away from appliances or electronic devices like a microwave, computers, wireless routers, etc.
- Install the wireless camera somewhere with fewer walls and obstacles in between the router.
- Fasten the antennas on the wireless camera.
- Change a router that has higher wireless transmitting power.
- Install a WiFi extender.
Article is closed for comments.