Applies to: Reolink WiFi battery-powered cameras
Note: Make sure when your mobile phone uses the same WiFi as the camera, you can use both fluent and clear stream mode to watch the live view of the camera. Then check the following solution. An article for your reference: Change Live Stream Mode on Reolink App
If you can't watch the live view of the camera via LAN which means your phone and the camera are connected to the same wifi, please refer to this article: Failed to Connect Battery-powered cameras in LAN via Reolink App or Reolink Client
Phenomenon: When your mobile phone uses the same WiFi as the camera, you can watch the live view of the camera, but while using 4G network, you can not watch the live view of the camera all the time. Here are some solutions to your references.
Cause 1: The Camera is Not Powered On Properly
Solution 1: Please use a DC 5V/2A power adapter to charge it and check whether the camera can be powered on properly.
How to tell if the camera is powered on? Turn off the lights in the rooms or place the camera under a dark environment, if the infrared lights of the camera turn on, then the camera is powered on properly.
If you are using the correct power adapter and it can work with another device, but the camera still can't be powered on properly, please contact Reolink Support(email@example.com).
Cause 2: 4G Network is Not Working Properly
- Please check whether the mobile phone has opened the firewall and VPN. Make sure to disable the firewall and VPN while accessing the camera.
- Please change your phone to connect to other WiFi, not the WiFi the camera is connected to. And see if you can use that WiFi to access the camera and watch the live view.
Cause 3: If Other WiFi Can Access the Camera Fluently, the Signal of 4G Network May Have Something Wrong
Solution 3: You can ask the ISP of your 4G network to check its signal. Or you can change your SIM card or use another phone with a different SIM card to see if you can watch the live view of the camera. And choose the fluent stream mode to watch it.
Cause 4: If Other WiFi Cannot Access the Camera Fluently, the Router that the Cameras Connect to Doesn't Have the Internet Access
Solution 4: Please let your phone connect to the WiFi that the camera is connecting to, and see if you can watch videos on Youtube.
Cause 5: If Other WiFi Cannot Access the Camera Fluently, the DNS of the Camera May be Wrong and is 0.0.0.0
Solution 5: Please first check the DNS of the camera, refer to:
For Reolink app: Check Network Status via Reolink App
For Reolink Client: Check Network Status via Reolink Client
If the DNS is 0.0.0.0, please check this article: Battery-Powered Cameras Show DNS as 0.0.0.0 via Reolink App or Reolink Client
Cause 6: If Other WiFi Cannot Access the Camera Fluently, the Setting on the Router May Block Access to the Camera.
- Please check the firewall on the router. Make sure there is no firewall blocking the remote access to the camera.
- Enable all UDP ports on the router interface. Log in to your router’s web interface via a web browser, and find out the UDP port setting. The UDP page may vary depending on the type of router you use. You may refer to the user manual of the router for details.
- Use another router to connect the camera for a test to see if you can use a 4G network to access the camera.
If the above solution still can not help solve the issue, please send the following information to Reolink Support(firstname.lastname@example.org) via email.
- Please send a screenshot/picture of the UID of the camera. Refer to: How to Share Your Configured Cameras/NVRs with Others/Other Phones or How to Find UID of Reolink Products (Please don’t type the UID in case you type the letters or numbers wrong)
- Please send a screenshot of camera system information, refer to, How to Find out System Information via Reolink App
- Please send a screenshot of the system status of the camera. Refer to: How to Check System Status via Reolink App