Applies to: All Reolink cameras that support ONVIF.
Problem phenomenon: fail to add the camera to QNAP, camera doesn't work with QNAP
Cause 1: improper settings(port,IP address, username, password)
1. If you got the error message like, username, password, IP address is incorrect, please check the camera password, username, IP address.
2.If these settings are correct, please check the Onvif port is the same with this camera.
On QNAP, if selected the Onvif as the camera brand, the port number should be 8000, the port should be the same with the Onvif port number;
If choose Reolink, the port should be the same as the http port number, you can refer to the link here to confirm your camera port.
3. If your camera model number is not listed, please choose Onvif to add the camera with QNAP.
4. If your camera and QNAP are not in the same network, please make sure the camera Onvif port and RTSP port are forwarded properly on your router, then add the camera with your QNAP by router Wan ip+onvif port.
5. If the test succeeds, but there is no image, please check the resolution you set in QNAP supported by Reolink camera, you can refer to the link here to check the camera resolution, then comparing with the resolution in your set in QNAP.
Cause 2: network error
1. Please set the camera connection type as DHCP to have a try, you can refer to the link here to check the general network settings.
2. Please kindly reboot the camera, router, Qnap to have a try.
Article is closed for comments.