Applies to: All Reolink NVRs
Description of the problem: HDD has no recording at all or HDD has no recording since a certain date.
Cause 1: HDD is not connected properly
1. Please check whether the status light of HDD on the NVR front panel is on/off.
2. If it is off, please power off the NVR and open the NVR housing and unplug and replug the HDD.
Cause 2: HDD is not recognized
- Check to use the original HDD, or ensure use the HDD with required specifications. Please refer to What's the HDD Specs/Type of Reolink NVR
- Power off the NVR and open the NVR housing and unplug and replug the HDD.
- Restart the NVR.
Cause 3: HDD is full and will not record
Please help check whether the HDD auto overwrite has been enabled. Please refer to How to Set the HDD to Overwrite Old Files
If the HDD can't overwrite, please contact Reolink support.
Cause 4: The recording and recording schedules are not set correctly
Please check the recording setting and recording schedule of each channel.
Please refer to:
1. Be sure to unplug and plug the HDD after power off the NVR.
2. If you check that the HDD status is 0GB or not format, please contact Reolink support.