You may follow the steps below to remotely access Reolink cameras and NVRs via a web browser.
1. For Reolink NVRs, the web browser remote access is only available via IE browser.
2. For Reolink battery-powered cameras (such as Argus 2), the web browser remote access is currently unavailable in order to save battery life.
Step 1. Find the IP address of your cameras and NVRs.
Note: If you reboot your router or your device has been off-line for too long, the IP address of your device may change and the port that you forward may become invalid. To avoid the problem, you may assign a static IP address for your device or use Dynamic DNS to access your device.
Step 2. Log on to your router and add custom ports for your cameras and NVRs.
In the Network tab, click on the Firewall, select the IP address of your device and input the Port Value, then click Add to add custom ports for your device.
- For IP cameras, forward the HTTP Port and the RTMP Port on your router.
- For NVRs, forward the HTTP Port and the Media Port on your router.
Here is an example:
1. The Reolink default Media port, HTTP port, and RTMP port are 9000, 80, and 1935. If you have changed the ports before, click here to see how to obtain their current values.
2. If your port-forwards page has both external port and internal port, the number of the two ports should be the same.
3. The port-forwards pages may vary depending on the type of router you are using. You may refer to the user manual of the router for details or contact support if you need additional help to set up the port forwarding rules.
Step 3. Input the URL into the web browser and log in to view the security camera live.
The URL should be IPv4 Address: HTTP Port
For example, if your IPv4 Address is 220.127.116.11, and the HTTP Port is 805, the URL should be http://18.104.22.168:805
1. If you don’t know your IPv4 Address, check it by connecting your computer to the same router your camera is on, and visiting www.whatismyipaddress.com
2. If there is a pop-up that prompts you to install a plug-in when accessing NVRs using IE browser, click Install to proceed.
After the plug-in is successfully installed, restart the browser and input the URL address to log into your Reolink NVR.
You may also use Reolink Client or Reolink App for easier remote access and view of the Reolink cameras. See details by visiting the following knowledge base articles: