Applies to: Reolink NVRs and cameras (exclude Reolink battery-powered cameras, Reolink E1, and Reolink E1 Pro ).
You may follow the steps below to remotely access Reolink cameras and NVRs via a web browser.
1. For Reolink NVRs, the web browser remote access is only available via IE browser.
2. For Reolink battery-powered cameras (such as Argus 2), the web browser remote access is currently unavailable in order to save battery life.
Step 1. Find the IP address of your cameras and NVRs.
Note: If you reboot your router or your device has been off-line for too long, the IP address of your device may change and the port that you forward may become invalid. To avoid the problem, you may assign a static IP address for your device or use Dynamic DNS to access your device.
Step 2. Log on to your router and forward ports for your cameras and NVRs.
- For IP cameras, forward the HTTP Port and the RTMP Port on your router.
- For NVRs, forward the HTTP Port and the Media Port on your router.
- If you want to access more than one cameras via the web browser, make sure the ports you set for the cameras are different. Or there is port conflict and it won't work properly after the port forwarding. So please make sure the HTTP port, RTMP port or Media port you set for all your cameras are different.
Step 3. Input the URL into the web browser and log in to view the security camera live.
The URL should be IPv4 Address: HTTP Port
For example, if your IPv4 Address is 184.108.40.206, the HTTP Port is 805,
then the URL should be http://220.127.116.11:805
1. If you don’t know your IPv4 Address, check it by connecting your computer to the same router your camera is on, and visiting www.whatismyipaddress.com
2. If there is a pop-up that prompts you to install a plug-in when accessing NVRs using IE browser, click Install to proceed.
After the plug-in is successfully installed, restart the browser and input the URL address to log into your Reolink NVR.
You may also use Reolink Client or Reolink App for easier remote access and view of the Reolink cameras. See details by visiting the following knowledge base articles: