Applies to: Reolink battery-powered cameras
There are several possible causes for Reolink Solar Panel to charge Reolink battery-powered cameras slowly, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
Cause 1. Insufficient sunlight
- Make sure that your Reolink Solar panel is pointed toward the sun and is not obstructed by trees, buildings, or other obstacles.
- Please wipe the Solar Panel with wet tissue or clothes regularly to remove dust and debris.
Refer to: How to Use Solar Panel Effectively
Cause 2: The battery drains fast
- Please adjust the PIR schedule and sensitivity to reduce the PIR alarm.
- Avoiding logging in the camera too frequently. Only access the camera when necessary
- Please install the camera in a well-lit area.
- Make sure the WIFI connection is stable(expect Reolink Go and Reolink Go Pt).
- Please install the camera under a proper environment to extend their battery life.
Reolink battery-powered cameras can be charged within the temperature of 0℃- +60℃（32°F-140°F）
Reolink battery-powered cameras can properly function within the temperature of -10°C – +55°C (14°F – 131°F).
Refer to: Why the Battery is not Last as Expected
Cause 3: The battery defective
Solution: Please charge the battery with a 5V/2A DC charger and pay attention to whether the charging efficiency of the battery is normal.
If your problem persists, you may contact our support team for additional help by submitting a request.