Applies to: All battery-powered camera
When you find out that the battery level on the APP cannot display to 100% or the power light has not turned green with USB charger, please follow this guide for simple troubleshooting.
Cause 1: The battery drains fast. The charging speed is slower than the power consumption of the camera, so it looks like it cannot be charged.
- Please avoid connecting to the camera while charging.
- Please use the adapter to charge the battery separately, then plug the battery back into the camera and check if the battery reaches 100% (applies to Argus, Argus 2, Argus Pro, Reolink GO).
- Please turn off the PIR sensor, and use the USB charger to charge. Then check if the battery can be fully charged.
- Please turn off the power switch when charging (applies to Argus Eco, Argus PT, GO PT).
Cause 2: The solar panel has a low charging power and is affected by sunlight, so the battery cannot be fully charged to 100% in a short time.
- Please adjust the angle of the solar panel, to select a position with the maximum sunlight exposure throughout the year for your solar panel.
- Please use the USB charger (5V/2A) to charge to test if the camera can be fully charged.
- Please keep the surface of the solar panel clean.
Cause 3: Poor contact between the USB charger and the USB port
- Please plugging and unplugging the USB cable several times.
- Please try another USB charger (5V/2A).
Cause 4: The USB charger does not meet specifications
Solution 4: Please check the specification of the USB charger, whether it is 5V/2A.