When configuring the battery-powered camera for the first time, if you hear the voice “Wi-Fi connection failed! Please check the Wi-Fi settings and try again” or no voice after scanning the QR code on the phone screen, please follow this guide to troubleshoot:
1. Please don’t place your Argus too far away from the router. If the camera is out of the Wi-Fi range of the router or receives a poor signal, it will fail to connect. You can place the camera where you want it mounted after you finish the setup.
2. Special characters cannot be used in the WiFi password. Such as German and Japanese characters.
You can only use the characters on the keyboard.
3. Per camera encryption rule, the length of WiFi SSID & password cannot exceed 63 characters, so please keep the length of SSID & password within bounds.
4. The encryption method for your WiFi could not be WEP HEX, we suggested you change it to WPA2 -PSK/WPA -PSK encryption in your router (which is safer encryption). As different brands of routers have a different setting interface, if you have any problem in setting the encryption method, please contact the router supplier for help.
5. Currently, the Argus only supports 2.4GHz, if the network selected from the phone is a 5GHz, the camera will fail to connect. Please make sure your phone is connected to a 2.4GHz WiFi network when setting up Argus( sometimes, the phone will switch back to 5GHz automatically even though you force it to select 2.4GHz, in this condition, please go to WiFi settings on your phone and then choose your 5GHz network to delete/ forget it).
6. MAC address filtering
Having enabled MAC filtering, the router will prevent the camera from connecting if your Argus is not in the allowed list. You should disable MAC filtering on the router first.
After the Argus is successfully connected, please find the MAC address of the Argus on the Reolink App, then add it to the allowed list and enable MAC filtering again.
MAC address on Reolink App can be found below.
7. If you try the above troubleshooting and they didn’t help you. We suggest you try another router or use hotspot from another mobile phone to test. This way we’ll see if your camera can ever connect to any router. If the camera won’t connect to any WiFi and hotspot, please contact our support and report this issue.