Reolink Argus/Argus 2/Argus Pro/Keen
When you are in the process of setting up the camera, it may keep alarming with “Please run Reolink App, click the “Add New Device” button, and follow instructions to set up the camera” without moving on. It is caused because the camera didn’t recognize the QR code on your phone’s screen.
Here are the suggestions when you got stuck here-
- Adjust the angle to make the screen toward on the camera lens and make sure it is about 20cm between them.
- The camera lens is not clean enough so that the picture was taken out blurred. Wipe the camera lens with a dry paper towel/tissue (which can be slightly alcoholic). For the initial setup, tear off the lens protective film.
- The light condition is too dim for the camera to recognize the QR code on the phone’s screen. Try to scan the QR code on the phone’s screen in some bright scenes. And adjust your phone screen brightness to the highest.
- Try to use 4.0 inches or larger screen on your phone at least and make sure it is clear and clean.
- Enlarge the WiFi QR code generated on the phone and use the camera to scan.
- Try another phone.