The battery life of Reolink battery-powered cameras may vary depending on the settings, environmental conditions, and other factors.
Applies to: Reolink battery-powered cameras.
Helpful Tips to Extend the Battery Life of Your Reolink Battery-Powered Camera
Below are some useful tips that help you maximize/extend the battery life of Reolink battery-powered cameras.
1. Properly Install the Battery Powered Cameras
2. Adjust the PIR Sensor Sensitivity
3. Set up Motion Detection Schedule
4. Keep the Cameras out of Cold/Hot Environments
5. Mount Your Cameras to Well-Lit Areas
6. Avoid Weak WiFi Connections
1. Install Reolink Battery Powered Security Cameras Properly
Improper installation of your Reolink battery powered cameras and PIR sensors may increase the number of false alarms, which will reduce the battery life. In order to maximize your the battery life, please bear these important installation notes listed below in mind.
Important installation notes for Reolink battery powered security cameras:
- It’s not suggested to install the battery powered cameras facing bright objects, since bright objects may lead to false alarms.
- Please avoid installing the battery powered cameras (and the external PIR sensor of Reolink Keen) in places with frequent moving vehicles.
- Always keep the battery powered cameras (and the external PIR sensor of Reolink Keen) away from other outlets, such as air conditioner vents, humidifier outlets, the heat transfer vents of projectors, etc.
2. Adjust the PIR Sensor Sensitivity of Reolink Battery Powered Security Cameras.
Choosing a suitable PIR sensor sensitivity of your cameras can help you reduce false alarms effectively. Thus you can extend the battery life of your Reolink battery powered surveillance cameras.
You can follow the steps below to adjust the PIR sensitivity of your cameras.
Set up PIR Sensitivity via Reolink Software
3. Set up Proper Motion Detection Schedule to Extend Your Reolink Battery-Powered Cameras' Battery Life
By setting up motion detection schedule, you can choose to enable or disable the PIR motion sensor in specific time periods, which will be vital in increasing the battery life of Reolink wire-free security cameras.
Click to see how to set up motion detection schedule for Reolink battery powered cameras.
Note: You can manually enable/disable the PIR motion sensor simply by clicking the PIR icon on the Device page.
4. Keep Your Cameras Away from Cold/Hot Environments
Reolink battery powered security camera can properly function under the temperature of -10°C – +55°C (14°F – 131°F). Please install the camera under proper environment to extend their battery life.
5. Place Your Reolink Battery Powered Security Cameras in Well-Lit Areas
Installing cameras in dim or completely dark environments will make the infrared sensors to turn on more frequently, which will drain the battery life quickly. In order to maximize the battery life, try to mount your cameras in areas that are well-lit.
6. Avoid Weak WiFi Connection of Your Reolink Battery Operated Security Cameras
Poor WiFi connection will make the cameras to consume more power in transmitting data, which will drain the battery quickly. Please installing the cameras near the router to ensure that there is stable and strong WiFi connection between the router and the cameras.
Article is closed for comments.