Applies to: Reolink battery-powered cameras.
The battery life of Reolink battery-powered cameras may vary depending on the settings, environmental conditions, and other factors.
Here are some helpful tips that will help you extend the battery life.
- Reolink Battery-Powered Security Camera Battery Warnings and Safety
- Useful Tips to Extend Reolink Battery Operated Security Camera Battery Life
SAFE BATTERY HANDLING
Mishandled batteries may damage your battery-powered cameras, resulting in a fire or causing personal injury.
To avoid possible damage to you and your camera, we strongly recommend you to read this Battery Warnings and Safety while using batteries for Reolink Argus and Keen:
- Please use high-quality batteries from reputable brands.
- Please store the batteries in a cool and dry environment.
- Please make sure that the polarity of each battery matches the polarity of the battery slot.
- Please do not use different brands of batteries at the same time.
- Please do not use the new batteries with the old ones.
- Please take out the batteries to avoid possible battery leakage if you will not be using the camera for a long time
Note: Reolink will NOT be held liable for any failure occurs when following the Battery Warnings and Safety or injury caused by not following the Battery Warnings and Safety.
Helpful Tips to Extend the Battery Life of Your Reolink Argus & Keen Battery-Powered Camera
Below are some useful tips that help you maximize/extend the battery life of Reolink Argus and Keen battery-powered camera.
1. Properly Install the Battery Powered Cameras
2. Adjust the PIR Sensor Sensitivity
3. Set up Motion Detection Schedule
4. Keep the Cameras out of Cold/Hot Environments
5. Mount Your Cameras to Well-Lit Areas
6. Avoid Weak WiFi Connections
1. Install Your Reolink Argus and Keen Battery Powered Security Cameras Properly
Improper installation of your Reolink battery powered security cameras and PIR sensors can cause false alarms, which can reduce the battery life. In order to maximize your Reolink Argus and Keen battery life, please bear the important installation notes in mind.
Important installation notes for your Reolink Argus and Keen battery powered security cameras:
- It’s not suggested to install Reolink battery powered security cameras facing bright objects, since bright objects may lead to false alarms.
- Please avoid installing your Reolink Argus and Keen (and its external PIR sensor) in places where there are frequently moving vehicles.
- Always keep your Reolink Argus and Keen (and its external PIR sensor) away from the outlets, such as air conditioner vents, humidifier outlets, the heat transfer vents of projectors, etc.
2. Adjust the PIR Sensor Sensitivity of Your Reolink Argus and Keen Battery Operated Security Cameras
Choosing a suitable PIR sensor sensitivity of your Reolink Argus/Keen cameras can help you reduce false alarms effectively. Thus you can extend the battery life of your Reolink battery powered IP surveillance cameras.
Bump: The default sensitivity of your Reolink Argus and Keen is “Mid”.
The sensitivity setup steps of Reolink Argus and Keen are different. You can follow the steps below to adjust the PIR sensitivity of your Reolink Argus and Keen wire-free security cameras.
- How to Set up Reolink Argus PIR Sensor Detecting Sensitivity
- How to Set up Reolink Keen PIR Sensor Detecting Sensitivity
How to Configure Reolink Argus PIR Sensor Detecting Sensitivity
Please follow the steps below to set up your Reolink Argus PIR sensor detecting sensitivity level on Reolink App.
(1) Please launch Reolink App. Click “Device Settings”, and then click “PIR Settings” under “Alarm”.
(2) Choose a suitable sensitivity level from 3 options: Low, Mid and High.
Note: Higher sensitivity offers longer detecting distance, but it would lead to more false alarms. It’s advised to set up the sensitivity level to “Low” or “Mid” when you install Reolink Argus wire-free battery powered security camera outdoors.
How to Configure Reolink Keen PIR Sensor Detecting Sensitivity
You can set up the Reolink Keen PIR sensor detecting sensitivity by adjusting the sensitivity level in the PIR sensor.
3. Set up Proper Motion Detection Schedule to Extend Your Reolink Argus & Keen Battery Life
By setting up motion detection schedule, you can choose to enable or disable the PIR mition sonsor in specific time periods, which will is vital in increasing the battery life of Reolink wire-free security cameras.
Click to see how to set up motion detection schedule for Reolink battery powered cameras.
Note: You can manually enable/disable the PIR motion sensor simply by clicking the PIR icon on the Device page. Please note that means the PIR sensor is enabled, while means the PIR sensor is disabled.
4. Keep Your Reolink Argus & Keen Battery Powered Security Cameras Away from Cold/Hot Environments
Reolink Argus and Keen battery powered security camera can properly function under the temperature of -10°C – +55°C (14°F – 131°F). Please install the camera under proper environment to extend their battery life.
5. Place Your Reolink Battery Powered Security Cameras in Well-Lit Areas
Installing Reolink Argus and Keen in dim or completely dark environments will make the infrared sensors to turn on more frequently, which will drain the battery life quickly. In order to maximize the battery life, try to mount your cameras in areas that are well-lit.
6. Avoid Weak WiFi Connection of Your Reolink Argus and Keen Battery Operated Security Cameras
Poor WiFi connection will make the cameras to consume more power in transmitting data, which will drain the battery quickly. Please installing the cameras near the router to ensure that there is stable and strong WiFi connection between the router and the cameras.