If you don't want the motion detection of your cameras to be triggered when movements appear in the detection area, you may refer to the following guides to disable it.
Applies to: All Reolink cameras.
1. Disable Motion Detection for Reolink Battery-powered Cameras
For Reolink battery-powered cameras, you just need to turn off the PIR sensor, then the cameras will stop to detect motions.
2. Disable Motion Detection for Reolink PoE/WiFi Cameras (haven't been added into NVRs)
For Reolink PoE and WiFi cameras, motion detection is enabled by default. If you don't want any motion to be detected, you may clear all the motion detection area referring to the methods below.
- How to Set up Motion Detection Area via Reolink Client
- How to Set up Motion Detection Area via a Web Browser
- How to Disable Motion Detection on New Client
If the reason for you to disable motion detection is that you don't want to receive too many push notifications, e-mails, and audio warnings, you may disable them or configure E-mail, Push and Siren Schedule following the steps in the articles below.
- How to Set up Email via Reolink Client (New Client)
- How to Set up Email Schedule via Reolink App
- How to Disable/Enable Push Notifications on iOS and Android Phones
- How to Set up Siren Schedule via Reolink App
3. Disable Motion Detection for Cameras Controlled by NVRs
Refer to the following methods to enter the Motion page to disable detection zone.