Applies to: All Reolink cameras.
If you don't want the motion detection of your cameras to be triggered when movements appear in the detection area, you may refer to the following guides to disable it.
1. Disable Motion Detection for Reolink Battery-powered Cameras
For Reolink battery-powered cameras, you just need to turn off the PIR sensor, then the cameras will stop to detect motions.
2. Disable Motion Detection for Reolink PoE/WiFi Cameras (haven't been added into NVRs)
For Reolink PoE and WiFi cameras, motion detection is enabled by default. If you don't want any motion to be detected, you may clear all the motion detection area referring to the methods below.
- Set up Motion Detection Area via Reolink Client (Windows)
- Set up Motion Detection Area via Reolink Client (Mac)
- Set up Motion Detection Area via a Web Browser
If the reason for you to disable motion detection is that you don't want to receive too many push notifications, e-mails and audio warnings, you may disable them or configure Push and E-mail Schedule following the steps in the articles below.
- Configure Email Schedule via Reolink Client (Windows)
- Configure Email Schedule via Reolink App
- Disable/Enable Push Notifications on iOS and Android Phones
- Disable/Enable Audio Warning via Reolink Client (Windows)
- Disable/Enable Audio Warning via Reolink Client (Mac)
- By default, cameras with SD card is not made for 24/7 recording and will only record when motion is detected.
- In the near future, we will add a button to enable or disable motion detection directly.
3. Disable Motion Detection for Cameras Controlled by NVRs
Refer to the following methods to enter the Motion page. Choose the channel, then uncheck the box next to Enable to disable motion detection.