By uploading security camera footage to FTP servers, you may enjoy these advantages without paying expensive subscription fees.
Applies to: All Reolink POE NVRs and IP cameras ( E1 Zoom is included) except for all Reolink battery-powered cameras, Reolink wifi NVR system, Reolink E1, Reolink E1 Pro, B400, D400, B800, D800, and Reolink Lumus
Step 1. Launch Reolink Client, log into your device, go to Device Settings -> Surveillance -> FTP, and fill in the FTP information required.
- FTP server: Type in the address of your FTP server and FTP Port. The default FTP Port for Reolink products is 21.
- User Name and Password: Enter the User Name and Password of your FTP server. If there is no username and password required, please check Anonymous.
- Directory: Set an upload directory for device video recording.
- File Type: Choose to upload both video and picture or picture only.
- FTP Postpone: Set the record time limit after a motion is detected. This option is only available when File Types Video and FTP Schedule is Motion.
- Interval: Setup the time interval of uploading pictures. This option is available when File Types Picture. Custom is available and the minimum time interval is 2 seconds.
Step 2. Configure the FTP upload schedule, and click Save to save the settings.
Step 3. Click Test to check whether FTP has been set up successfully.
If you see FTP Test is Failed, please click FTP Stops Working to troubleshoot the issue.