Applies to: All Reolink cameras that support the time lapse function
Please follow the steps below to set up Time-Lapse on Reolink App.
Step 1. Please launch Reolink App, go to Device Settings -> Time Lapse page.
Note: If there is no Time Lapse option in your App, please make sure your App is the latest version and your camera supports Time Lapse. Please refer to Which Cameras Support Time Lapse.
Step 2. Tap Click New Time Lapse Capture.
1. Select a Scene for Time Lapse Capture.
Note: Reolink battery-powered cameras don't support Event/People/Traffic scene.
2. Customize settings of your scene.
- Capture Starts at: you can define the exact date and time when you want the capture starts.
- Duration: you can select how long you want the camera to capture before it automatically finishes. The shortest duration is 1 minute while the longest duration is 830 days. If you set up the duration to more than 1 day, then you can also select the daily capture period, like 8 am ~6 pm.
Note: You can also disable Finish Capture Automatically to make the camera capture continuously and also enable Overwrite Time Lapse Files to allow the camera to overwrite when storage is full.
- Interval: you can select the capture interval from 2s~6 hours for IP cameras (10s~6h for battery cameras). There are recommended settings below for reference.
- Quality: there are clear, balanced and fluent available for choosing.
- File Type: you can choose the time lapse capture to be photo series or a compressed video.
Note: If you choose "photo", then the camera can only save 10000 photos per day.
- Estimated video length and file size: The captures will be stored in the SD card inserted into the camera. If the SD card storage is not enough, it is suggested to set up the capture duration shorter, capture interval longer and video quality lower.