Applies to: All Reolink NVRs
Description of the problem:
There is recording saved on HDD, but cannot be playback or it shows there is no recording.
Cause 1: Software issue
Please check whether you can playback the recording on the Reolink Client or Reolink APP.
Note: Please switch clear/fluent mode, if the recordings cannot be played under the clear mode, please lower the bitrate and frame rate. You may refer to Set up the Record Encode for Reolink Cameras
Cause 2: Camera issue
1. Please check whether the camera can be previewed.
2. If the camera cannot be previewed, please help check whether the camera is connected well to the NVR.
You may find these articles helpful:
3. If the camera can be previewed, please check the HDD by referring to Cause 3.
Cause 3: HDD issue
1. Check the status of the HDD to ensure it's correctly recognized.
2. Refer to different articles for different statuses.
HDD is full and not overwrite NVR HDD is Full And Cannot Overwrite
The HDD is not full but it stopped recording NVR HDD Cannot Record
If you check that the HDD status is 0GB or not formatted, please contact Reolink support.
Cause 4: NVR issue
1. Restore the NVR, please refer to How to Restore Reolink Products.
2. Upgrade the firmware of NVR, please refer to How to Upgrade the Firmware for Reolink Products.
Note: 4K cameras will not be able to playback when used with 5MP NVR.