Applies to: All Reolink cameras
Description of the situation: the live stream or playback screen is green.
It could be a green image permanently or just the screen green for a while and then back to normal
Cause 1: Hardware defect of the camera
Solution: If the live stream image is green and not back to normal, please hard reset this camera and set up from the factory status. If still the same, please upgrade your camera's firmware to the latest and if you don't sure whether your firmware is new or not, please contact the Reolink Support team for further help.
Cause 2: Network issue
Solution: If the live view or playback is green shortly and then back to normal, it's highly possible the network reason. Please check the following:
- Please switch to the local network and check if the image will be back to normal when accessed in LAN.
- Please try on both mobile App or PC client to see if the image is normal.
- Please disconnect some of your wifi devices if there are too many devices connected to the same wifi network.
- Please reboot the camera and your home router.
- Please decrease your camera's Max Bitrate or switch to the fluent mode for live stream and playback.
Cause 3: Defective SD card or HDD
Solution: If the playback video stream is green while checking via both the phone app and pc client, please further troubleshoot like below:
- For recordings in the sd card, please take it out of the camera, and check on your PC via the USB drive. If it is still green, then the issue could be caused by the defective sd card, please change another sd card.
- For recordings in the HDD, please check directly via the NVR system or back up via the USB drive and check on your PC. If it is still green, then the issue could be caused by the defective HDD, please change another HDD.
If you checked all the above three steps and still can't fix the problem, please contact the Reolink support team for further help.