You can follow the steps below to check the wireless cameras' WiFi signal strength via a web browser.
Applies to: All Reolink WiFi cameras (except battery-powered ones, Reolink E1, E1 Pro, Reolink Lumus)
Step 1. Log in to your camera via Web Browser and then click the gear icon on the top right to get to the settings page.
Step 2. Click Network Settings. You can see a WiFi icon under the Saved Wi-Fi network which indicates the signal of the current WiFi.
Step 3. Click the icon to get to the WiFi Settings page, then you can see more available WiFi networks with their signal.
Note: Make sure that the wireless signal is at least two bars or three bars. One bar signal is too weak to establish a stable connection. If the WiFi signal strength is low/weak, you may refer to the following guides to improve the WiFi signal strength of the wireless camera.
- Shorten the distance between your wireless camera and the router.
- Change the wireless channel on your router to avoid interference from WiFi networks around.
- Keep the wireless camera some distance away from appliances or electronic devices like microwaves, computers, wireless routers, etc.
- Install the wireless camera somewhere with fewer walls and obstacles in between the router.
- Fasten the antennas on the wireless camera.
- Change a router that has higher wireless transmitting power.
- Install a WiFi extender.