You can customize the alarm email including when to receive the alarm emails, what alarm type of email should be sent, how the email content should be presented, and so on.
Applies to: Reolink cameras and NVRs(except for the battery-powered camera, E1, E1 Pro, Lumus, and cameras in the NVR kit)
You may refer to the following steps to configure all the email settings one by one. This article will divide into 3 parts: 1) how to enable/disable email alerts; 2) how to configure alarm email settings; 3) how to set up a weekly schedule for the alarm email.
Part 1. How to Enable/Disable Email Alerts
Step 1. Input the IP Address of your camera on a web browser and log in to your camera.
See how to find the IP address of your camera.
Note: Make sure your PC is connected to the same router as your camera.
Step 2. Click the Device Settings gear icon on the top right corner, then go to the Surveillance > Email page.
Step 3. Click the button below to Enable Email Alerts. Then proceed to the email settings process.
Blue means it is enabled, while grey means disabled.
Part 2. How to Configure the Alarm Email Settings
Step 4. Click the drag-down menu of Email Settings. All the sub-settings will be unfolded.
Please choose the right SMTP Server, enable SSL or TLS, and enter the right SMTP port, Sender Address, Password, and Recipient Address 1. And choose the form of Email Content, Interval. Then click Save.
- SMTP Server and STMP Port: The SMTP Server and the SMTP Port of the Sender Address. The SMTP Server and the SMTP Port may vary depending on your email service provider. If you are using Gmail/Yahoo Mail/Live Mail as the Sender Email, you can choose the corresponding SMTP Server and the SMTP Port will be configured automatically. However, if you use other emails as the Sender Email, you need to choose Custom, then input the corresponding SMTP server & SMTP port.
- Sender Name: Create a name for the email sender if you want.(optional)
- Sender Address: Input the address of the email that sends out motion alert emails.
- Password: Input the password of the sender's email. (For Gmail users, please generate the app password for the Reolink app, and use it here as the email password)
- Recipient Address: Input the address of the email that receives motion alert emails. The recipient's address can be the same as the sender's address. You can set up no more than 3 recipients.
- Email Content: Select the content (text/picture/text with picture/text with video) that will be attached to the motion alert emails.
- Interval: Once set, only one motion-alert email will be sent if the alarm is triggered multiple times during the time interval (30secs/1 min/5 mins/10 mins/30 mins).
- Email Test: After you configure all the above settings, click Email Test for a check. If successful, there will be a prompt of Succeeded, and the recipient will receive a test email.
Part 3. How to Set up a Weekly Schedule for the Alarm Email
Step 5. Set up the Alarm email schedule and Timer email schedule respectively.
- Alarm: The alarm email will be sent when the selected alarm events trigger the camera. Only cameras with smart detection have the option to select alarm type (Person/Vehicle/Pet).
- One grid represents one hour. Click Enable/Disable, and then click on the grids. The blue grid means that the email will be sent when alarm events are detected in that hour, while the grey one means no email will be sent.
- You can also click Enable All/Disable All on the bottom right corner for a quick set.
- Click Save to save the schedule.
- Timer: You will receive an email regularly according to the time interval you have set.
- Click on the grids to enable/disable emails in that hour. Then click Save.
Article is closed for comments.