Applies to: RLC-423
You may power on RLC-423 via PoE injector/switch or PoE NVR directly, or by using the power adapter. The picture below is for you to refer to:
Method 1: Power via PoE Injector/Switch
You need to make sure that the PoE injector/switch is 802.3at compliant (48V) and supports active mode.
Method 2: Power by PoE NVR
Connect your IP camera to the PoE NVR by a single network cable, then the PoE camera will get power via the PoE NVR.
Method 3: Power by Using the Power Adapter
Alternatively, you can power on the camera in another way---by using a power adapter.
This camera will come with a 12v/2a power adapter, and you can use it to power on this camera directly.
- Do not purchase passive PoE injectors as they won’t work with Reolink PoE cameras.
- It's better to use high-quality PoE injectors/switches.
- We recommend that you purchase the Ethernet cable with Cat5 and above.
- Please install the waterproof lid or junction box at the junction of the Ethernet cable on the camera to protect the junction from water.
- Please note that the optimum distance between the camera and the PoE switch/Reolink NVR is 240 feet.