Before Email setup, please make sure your camera is well connected with the Internet and able to be accessed remotely.
- SMTP server: Please click the ">" icon button to choose the correct email SMTP server and related SMTP port. If you choose Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook, the SMTP port will be displayed by default. If you choose Other, then please Google on the Internet or log into your email official website to find the corresponding email server and SMTP port.
- Sender Email: Please enter the corresponding email address according to your email SMTP server. For example, if you choose Gmail as SMTP server, then the sender Email address is your Gmail address.
- Password: Please enter the sender’s email address password. For example, if you choose Gmail as SMTP server, then the password is your Gmail address’ password. To best protect your email account privacy, you may also choose to generate an app password in your email account instead of using your original email password.
Note: Gmail address, please refer guide here: How to Generate an APP Password in Gmail Email Account
Yahoo address, please refer guide here: How to Generate an APP Password in Yahoo Email Account
- Sender’s name: Please note that the sender’s name is optional. You can name it or leave it blank.
- Recipient Email: Please enter the recipient’s email address. Please note that the recipient email address can be the same as the sender’s email address or different from the sender’s address at your choice.
- Email Content: You may choose to attach a picture or video with the motion alert emails or select no attachment if you want text notification only (Attach video is not available for battery-powered cameras).
- Email Interval: Once set, only one motion-alert email will be sent if the alarm is triggered multiple times during the interval time limit.
If you get failed to send email error with Gmail address, please refer here for help: Failed to Send Email(Gmail)
If you get failed to send email error with other email address, please contact Reolink Support for further help.