If you want the camera to record continuously to the SD card instead of recording when an alarm event triggers the camera, you need to enable camera recording and set up a timer recording schedule for your camera.
Applies to: Reolink cameras except for battery-powered cameras and the camera with Hw_3816.
Below are steps to set up continuous recording both via Reolink App and Reolink Client. Before setting up, make sure you have inserted a micro SD card into your camera.
On Reolink App:
Step 1. Enable Camera Recording
Launch Reolink App and log in to your camera. Go to the Device Settings > Camera Recording page. Tap on the Camera Recording button (make it blue) to enable camera recording.
Step 2. Set up a Timer Schedule.
- Tap Schedule on the Camera Recording page. Then select Timer on the schedule page.
- Tap on the day when you want to camera to record continuously (for example, Sunday in the picture below). Select the grid (one stands for one hour) and tick Enable/Disable. It will decide whether the camera will record at that hour(s).
- Tap any other day in the Copy To part to apply the timer schedule. The day button with a blue frame means the timer schedule has been copied to that day successfully.
Done! Go back to the Schedule page and tap Save to save the timer recording schedule.
On Reolink Client:
Step 1. Turn on the camera recording option.
Launch Reolink Client and log in to your camera. Go to Device Settings > Surveillance > Record page. Turn on the Schedule button to enable camera recording.
Step 2. Select Timer under the Schedule.
- Click Enable/Disable icon and then click on the grid (each one stands for an hour) to enable/disable non-stop recording on that hour. The blue grid means the continuous recording is enabled on that hour, while grey means disabled.
- You can also click Enable All/Disable All on the right side.
- Click Save if you have finished the timer schedule setting.