If you have ordered the RLC-523WA, or if you are looking at this model and want to know whether it can meet your use before placing the order, you may get some basic information about this product from this article.
This article will help you understand the use and working principle of the camera from the following 4 parts.
Unboxing Video of RLC-523WA
This video will show you what's in the box and take a quick look at the camera's features.
You may find the detailed information about structure and components of the camera here.
- Reset Button
- Earth Wire
- Waterproof Lid
- Metal Aluminum Case
- Daylight Sensor
- 4 IR LEDs
- High Definition Lens (f=2.7-13.5mm)
- 3 Spotlights
1. SD Card
For more specs, please refer to: Specifications
Install the Camera
To make the camera work properly and monitor the designed area, you need to connect the camera to network, and also mount the camera with bracket as you need.
Please take the below diagram as a reference to connect the camera to network.
To make the camera work, you need to use the DC Power (DC 12.0V⎓2A, <24W) to power on the camera.
Or if you want to make Reolink NVR work with the camera, then it connection diagram will be like below:
Please refer to the below steps to install the camera with the mount.
Step 1. Drill holes in accordance with the mounting hole template.
Step 2. Install the mount base with screws included in the package. Run the cable through the cable notch on the mount base.
It is recommended that the antennas be installed upward or horizontally for better WiFi connection.
- Do not face the camera towards any light sources.
- Do not point the camera towards a glass window. Or, it may result in poor image performance due to the window glare from infrared LEDs, ambient lights or status lights.
- Do not place the camera in a shaded area and point it towards a well-lit area. Or, it may result in poor image performance. For better image quality, please make sure that the lighting condition for both the camera and the captured object is the same.
- For better image quality, it's recommended that the lens be cleaned with a soft cloth regularly.
- Make sure the power ports are not exposed to water or moisture or blocked by dirt or other elements.
- Do not install the camera in places where rain and snow may hit the lens directly.
- The camera may work in extremely cold conditions as low as -25°C as it will produce heat when powering on. You may power on the camera indoors for a few minutes before installing it outdoors.
Install the Micro SD Card
Please refer to the below steps to install the SD card on your camera.
Step 1. Find the micro SD card slot and unscrew the screws to open it.
Step 2. Insert the micro SD card, please use your fingernail (or use the provided reset needle) to push the micro SD card in until you feel it is locked, and you will hear a click sound and the micro SD card will not pop out if the camera is inserted in properly.
Step 3. Screw the screws to close the cover tightly.
For initial setup, please power on this camera with a DC adapter and also connect the camera to your router LAN port with an Ethernet cable, and then follow the steps to set up your camera. Please make sure your camera and your phone are on the same network.
On Reolink App
Step 1. If you've opened the Add Device Automatically option on the Settings page, you can tap this device on the Device List page and turn to step 2 directly. If you don't enable that option, you can tap the Add icon on the upright corner, and scan the QR code on the camera to add this device.
Step 2. Create the password and name the device.
Step 3. Choose the WiFi network you want to join, enter the password of the WiFi network, and then tap Save to save the configuration.
For more detailed instructions, you may refer to the articles below:
How to Initially Set up WiFi cameras via Reolink APP
On Reolink Client
Step 1. Launch Reolink Client, click on "+" icon on the right top corner, tape the fresh icon beside Scan Device(s) in LAN, then choose the device you want to add.
Step 2. Please enter the camera's username and password, then click Login to log in to the device. The default username is "admin" and the password is blank (no password).
For more detailed instructions, you may refer to the article: How to Initial Set up WiFi Cameras via Reolink Client (New Client)