If you have ordered the RLC-823A or if you are interested in this camera model, and want to get some basic information about this product before putting it in use or placing the order, you may refer to the below introduction.
This article includes the following 4 parts which will help you quickly understand the use and working principle of the camera:
Unboxing Video of RLC-823A
If you just receive your new camera and are not familiar with the camera, you can have a look at the below video about unboxing, setup and installation of the camera.
You may find the detailed information about structure and components of the camera here.
- Reset Button
- Earth Wire
- Waterproof Lid
- Metal Aluminum Case
- Daylight Sensor
- 4 IR LEDs
- High Definition Lens (f=2.7-13.5mm)
- 3 Spotlights
1. SD Card
For more specs, please refer to: Specifications
Installation of RLC-823A
To make the camera work proplery and monitor the designed area, you need to connect the camera to network, and also mount the camera with bracket as you need.
Please take the below diagram as a reference to connect the camera to network.
To make the camera work, you need to use the PoE Switch (IEEE 802.3at, 48V Active) or DC Power (DC 12.0V⎓2A, <24W) to power on the camera.
Or if you want to make Reolink NVR work with the camera, then it connection diagram will be like below:
Mount the Camera
Please refer to the below steps to install the camera with the mount.
Step 1. Drill holes in accordance with the mounting hole template.
Step 2. Install the mount base with screws included in the package. Run the cable through the cable notch on the mount base.
- Do not face the camera towards any light sources.
- Do not point the camera towards a glass window. Or, it may result in poor image performance due to the window glare from infrared LEDs, ambient lights or status lights.
- Do not place the camera in a shaded area and point it towards a well-lit area. Or, it may result in poor image performance. For better image quality, please make sure that the lighting condition for both the camera and the captured object is the same.
- For better image quality, ifs recommended that the lens be cleaned with a soft cloth regularly.
- Make sure the power ports are not exposed to water or moisture or blocked by dirt or other elements.
- Do not install the camera in places where rain and snow may hit the lens directly.
- The camera may work in extremely cold conditions as low as -25°C as it will produce heat when powering on. You may power on the camera indoors for a few minutes before installing it outdoors.
SD Card Installation
Please refer to the below steps to install the SD card on your camera.
Step 1. Find the micro SD card slot and unscrew the screws to open it.
Step 2. Insert the micro SD card, please use your fingernail (or use the provided reset needle) to push the micro SD card in until you feel it is locked, and you will hear a click sound and the micro SD card will not pop out if the camera is inserted in properly.
Step 3. Screw the screws to close the cover tightly.
To set up the camera, you need to connect the camera to a PoE switch/injector for network connection. After that, you may finish the initial setup via both Reolink App and Client.
On Reolink Client