A stable WiFi connection is essential for Reolink WiFi cameras to work well. This article will show you how to check the WiFi signal strength of your camera on the Reolink Client.
Applies to: Reolink WiFi cameras and battery-powered WiFi cameras.
Below are two ways to check the WiFi signal strength of your camera on Reolink Client.
Launch Reolink Client and log in to your Reolink camera. You can find there is a WiFi icon beside the camera's name. The more bars, the stronger the WiFi signal.
Step 1. Launch Reolink Client and log in to your Reolink camera, then click the icon to enter the Device Settings page.
Step 2. Click Network to check the WiFi signal strength of the camera.
Or you can click the WiFi Settings icon and check the signal strength of the current WiFi connection and of other available Wireless Network.
Make sure that the wireless signal is three bars or at least two bars. One bar signal is too weak to establish a stable connection. If the WiFi signal strength is low/weak, you may refer to the following guides to improve the WiFi signal strength of the wireless camera.
- Shorten the distance between your camera and the router.
- Change the wireless channel on your router to avoid interference from WiFi networks around.
- Keep the camera some distance away from appliances or electronic devices like a microwave, computer, wireless router, etc.
- Install the camera in a place with fewer walls and obstacles in between the router.
- Fasten the antennas on the wireless camera.
- Change a router that has higher wireless transmitting power.
- Install a WiFi extender.
Article is closed for comments.