The spotlight on the camera could be set to light up when the camera detects a moving object. In this article, we will guide you on how to configure the spotlight settings for your camera via the NVR monitor.
Applies to: RLN8-410 (hardware version H3MB18/N2MB02/N3MB01/N7MB01), RLN16-410 (hardware version H3MB18/N6MB01), RLN36 and RLN12W.
Part 1. How to Manually Turn On/Off the Spotlight
Go to the preview page of your camera on the NVR monitor. Click the Flashlight button to manually turn on the spotlight of the camera. Click it again to turn it off.
Part 2. How to Configure the Spotlight Settings
Step 1. Log in to your camera on the NVR monitor and enter the live-view page. Click the Settings icon.
Step 2. Go to Camera > Audio and Light > Spotlight.
- Brightness: Slide the slider to adjust the brightness of the spotlight (except for Lumus, E1 Outdoor series).
- Night Mode: Turn on the switch (turn it to blue) to enable the spotlight. If you disable this button, the spotlight will always stay off at night unless you trigger it manually.
- Auto: The spotlight will turn on automatically when alarm events are detected by the camera in night mode. All the cameras supporting the spotlight have this option. For cable-powered cameras with smart detection, the spotlight will automatically turn on according to the triggering type (Person/Vehicle/Pet) you select.
- On as scheduled: The spotlight will automatically turn on at the start time and turn off at the end time you set. All the cameras supporting the spotlight have this option except for Lumus, E1 Outdoor series.
- Always on: Spotlight always stays on in night mode. This option only applies to RLC-812A and RLC-824A (needs to upgrade the camera firmware to the latest one), and Duo Floodlight WiFi/PoE.
Here is a video for your reference: