Applies to: All Reolink cameras and NVRs except for the cameras in the NVR kit
Note: Please go to your email settings page to turn on Allow Less Secure Apps before setting up e-mail.
You may follow the steps below to set up e-mail for your device on Reolink Client:
Step 1. Launch Reolink Client on your PC and log in your device, click to enter Device Settings.
Step 2. Go to Network >> Email, click Basic Settings, and complete the information required.
- SMTP Server and Port: The SMTP Server and Port of the Sender Address.
Note: The SMTP Server and Port may vary depending on the mailbox that you are using. If you use Gmail as the Sender Email, you may leave the default SMTP Server (smtp.gmail.com) and default Port (465) unchanged. However, if you use another mailbox, such as Hotmail, Yahoo mail, as Sender Email, you will need to input the corresponding SMTP server & SMTP port for the email test.
- Sender Address: Input the address of the email that sends out motion alert emails.
- Password: Input the password of the sender email.
- Recipient Address: Input the address of the email that receives motion alert emails. The recipient address can be the same as the sender's address.
- Attachment: Select the content (pictures or videos) that will be attached to the motion-alert motion emails. You may uncheck to disable it if you want notification only.
- Picture Only: If checked, the motion-alert email will only contain a picture (no text). This option is only available when selecting Attach Picture as Attachment.
- Interval: Once set, only one motion-alert email will be sent if the alarm is triggered multiple times during the time interval.
Step 3. Click on Email Test to check your email setup status.
You will see Send Email Succeed if the email is set up successfully.
If you see Sent Email Failed, click to troubleshoot the issue.
Step 4. Click Schedule to configure the action when an alarm is triggered.
1. Normal means that the camera will keep sending emails with time intervals; Motion means that the camera will send an email when motion detected.
2. Email Schedule is currently not available to Reolink NVRs and Reolink battery-powered cameras. Skip this step when setting up e-mail for NVRs and battery-powered cameras on Reolink Client.