Applies to: Reolink PoE cameras and NVRs
PoE, namely Power over Ethernet, for CCTV home cameras, means extremely simple setup, with no power cable or adapter needed.
Here is the brief introduction for the connection topology on Reolink PoE cameras and NVRs:
For Reolink PoE Cameras:
1. The default network settings for Reolink PoE cameras is DHCP mode and you need a router to configure it for the initial setup.
2. The PoE port should match the camera PoE port requirement, refer to PoE port Requirement for Reolink PoE Cameras.
3. The Network (Ethernet) cable should be 8 pins and not longer than 330ft.
4. The router and PoE Switch/Injector (with power adapter) should be prepared by users before the installation, Reolink doesn't provide the devices.
For the Reolink PoE NVRs
1. Use the loudspeaker to hear the audio from the NVR in the live viewing and playback, refer to How to Get Audio Output on Reolink NVR.
2. Connect the NVR to the HD TV via HDMI or monitor via VGA.
3. Connect an external HDD to expand the NVR storage, refer to How to Expand the Capacity of Reolink NVR.
4. Connect the NVR to the router for phone/PC access.
5. Use Reolink PoE cameras and the cameras will get the power from the PoE ports on the NVR.