Argus, Argus 2 and Argus pro
When configuring the battery-powered camera for the first time, if you hear "Connection to the router failed", and please press "Connection to the router failed " button without help, you can try to connect your camera with your phone's hotspot to exclude your router's problem.
Note:Using your phone's hotspot will consume too much dates.
1. Please enable /turn on Personal Hotspot on your phone as below:
2. You will see below page as an example.
(1) WLAN Password is your Hotspot password just like your wifi password and you can set it yourself randomly.
(2) To connect using WLAN: Choose" ×××" from the WLAN settings....
"×××" is your phone's name and also the Hotspot name, and you can set the name randomly.
3. Please follow here to set up: Add Reolink Argus/Argus Pro/Argus 2 via Reolink App
All steps are nearly the same with connecting to a router, just pay attention to Step 5
Step 5: You can't search and find the wifi information with the same phone, so you need to manually enter the SSID and password information.
If your camera had successfully connect with your phone's hotspot, and you can live view on the phone's app, which means this camera is working and you need to check your router's settings or try another router.