All Reolink IP cameras except battery-powered cameras
When you follow our article steps to directly connect your camera to your PC and log in via Reolink Client, and still can't make your camera work, please follow below steps to check.
- Please kindly make sure your camera has power. You need to connect an external 12v/2a power adapter for your camera no matter it is POE or wifi camera.
- You " Scan Device In Lan" and can't find IP address of this camera in your computer.
If so, please disable/turn off the firewall of your computer, then you will be able to scan this device. Please follow video here to disable the firewall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhbzE6EBCno
- You set the exact same or totally different IP address of your computer from your camera's IP address.
For example, the camera's IP address is 192.168.177.19, you ought to set the IP address: 192.168.177.X in here. X is a random number selected by yourself but not 19.
- You only set Ip address of your computer and forgot to set DNS server.
You can set the "Preferred DNS server" the same with the Default gateway.
And set "Alternate DNS server" 8888 randomly.
- If you have tried all above and still can't make it work, please make a short video to show us how you did everything, which will have great help for us.