Applies to: Wireless IP cameras and battery-powered cameras
The WiFi signal reception of wireless cameras can be interfered by numerous factors, such as other wifi networks around, distance from router/wifi spot, walls/obstacles, transmitting power of router/extender, etc.
Here introduce the way to check WiFi signal reception of wireless cameras on Reolink APP.
Launch Reolink APP on your phone, and log into your Reolink camera, click on “" icon to open to "Device Settings”.
Click on "WiFi" to check the WiFi signal reception of the wireless camera.
Make sure the wireless signal is 3 bars, or at least two bars. One bar signal is weak to establish a stable connection. If the WiFi signal reception is low/weak, below are some methods to improve the WiFi signal reception of the wireless camera.
- Shorten the distance between your wireless camera and router.
- Change the wireless channel on your router to avoid interference from WiFi networks around.
- Keep the wireless camera some distance away from appliances or electronic devices like microwave, computer, wireless router, etc.
- install the wireless camera to somewhere with less walls and obstacles in between with the router.
- Fasten the antennas on wireless cameras.
- Change a router which has higher wireless transmitting power.