Reolink PoE IP camera refers to the ones that get power and transmit videos through only one Ethernet cable (Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, etc). And PoE for IP camera means NO extra power cable is needed. So as long as you have a POE device(PoE injector/PoE switch/PoE NVR) to run to the camera, you can just plug the other end into a router, and then the PoE IP camera will work.
With the PoE IP cameras, you may build your home security system including multiple functions:
- Remote accessing via Reolink App on phone/Reolink Client on PC.
- Motion detection
- Email alert
- Push notification
- Motion detection recording
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom(some models)
- Audio(some models)
Adding a Reolink PoE NVR, you may DIY a whole home security system. The PoE NVR provides the PoE ports for your PoE IP cameras and acts as the Monitor Central in the system. You may control all the cameras connected to the NVR with full functions:
- 24/7 recordings
- Multiple viewing on one screen
- Motion detection recordings
- Multiple users accessing with different permissions
- Expandable storage