Reolink PoE IP cameras refer to the ones that get power and transmit videos through only one Ethernet cable (Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, etc). And PoE for IP camera means NO extra power cable is needed. As long as you have a POE device (PoE injector/PoE switch/PoE NVR) to run for the camera, you can just plug the other end into a router, and then the PoE IP camera will work.
With PoE IP cameras, you may build your home security system including multiple functions:
- Remote access via Reolink App on phone/Reolink Client on PC: You can monitor your home no matter where you are via Reolink software.
- Email alert: You will receive an email alert when motions are detected.
- Push notification: A push notification will be sent to your phone to alert you when there are motions detected.
- Motion detection recording: You can set up the recording schedule for the camera per your requirement and it will start to record when motion detection is triggered.
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom (some models): It helps you grab more details, and you can see every part of your home with easy pan and tilt control.
- Audio (some models): The camera will record with sound.
- FTP: For saving and uploading movement images & videos.
- RLC-423 supports the PTZ function, while RLC-511 and RLC-422 only support the function of optical zoom.
- RLC-410 and RLC-420 do not support the PTZ function.
- RLC-410, RLC-420, and RLC-511 support the audio function, while RLC-422 does not. And for RLC-423, you need to connect an external microphone to it.
Adding a Reolink PoE NVR, you may DIY a whole home security system. The PoE NVR provides the PoE ports for your PoE IP cameras and acts as the Monitor Central in the system. You may control all the cameras connected to the NVR with full functions:
- 24/7 recording: You can set the 24/7 recording for your camera when you connect it to the NVR.
- Motion detection recording: You also can set up the motion schedule for your camera and it will start to record when motions are detected.
- Multiple users access with different permissions: You can add user account for the device and set different permissions for the account.
- Expandable storage: You can expand the storage of the NVR to meet your use.
- Multiple viewing on one screen: You can view more than one camera on the screen and re-arrange the display order for them.
- Motion alarm: You will receive email/push/audio alarms when motions detected.
- Video loss alarm: You will receive the email/audio alarms when videos lost.
- Exception alarm: You will receive the email/audio alarms when exception happens.