Applies to: Reolink Battery-powered cameras (exclude Reolink Argus and Keen).
If you got the following situations, it may be the battery cannot be charged:
- The battery-powered camera cannot be powered on when you use the DC adapter to changing the battery.
- The LED under the micro-USB port is flashing when you try to charge the battery.
- The battery percent didn't change for a few days.
Before the troubleshooting, we suggest you may use other devices to verify the DC adapter and USB cable could work fine:
- DC adapter should be 5V 2A.
- USB cable should not be too long (less than 1.5m) and not slimmer than the cable in the package.
Here are the suggestions:
- Out of the charging temperature range:
For the battery-powered camera, it cannot be charged if the temperature is out of the charging temperature range (0℃~60℃). Then you may take the camera and battery back to the room and wait for it back to the room temperature to charge for a test.
- Reinstall the battery:
In some special cases, the battery will stop be charged to protect itself. And the LED under the micro-USB port will keep flashing in red/orange, then you may take the battery out and reinstall it to the camera to charging for a test.
- Check the Pins on camera:
Check if the pins were oxidation/rust, splitting or bending. And for the Argus Pro/2, ensure take off the plastic film on the pins before the installation.
- Swap testing:
If there is another working battery, please try to swap them to verify if the issue is on the battery or the camera.