Applies to: All reolink cameras except battery-powered cameras.
You may follow the steps below to access Reolink cameras without a router by connecting your cameras directly to your PC and then log in to the cameras via Reolink Client.
Note: Please download the lasted version of Reolink Client before you start.
Step 1. Connect the camera directly to your PC with a network cable.
Step 2. Open Reolink Client, then click Add Device -> Scan Device In LAN to find the IP address of your camera.
Step 3. Change the IP address of your computer to the same network segment of your camera.
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center. (For Windows 8 and higher versions, search for Control Panel and then select Network And Internet).
- Tap on Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on Local Area Connection and then select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and tap on Properties.
- Select Use the following IP address and enter the IP address, Subnet Mask, then click OK button and close the Local Area Connection 2 properties window.
1. The IP address eg: the camera IP is 192.168.177.105, then you ought to set the IP address as 192.168.177.X. X is the figures selected by yourself.
2. The Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0.
3. You can check the Default gateway IP address on your PC.
Done! Now you are able to access Reolink cameras without a router after connecting your cameras directly to your PC. You may log in to the cameras via Reolink Client.