Applies to: All reolink cameras except battery-powered cameras.
You may follow the steps below to access Reolink cameras without a router by connecting your cameras directly to your PC and then log in to the cameras via Reolink Client.
Note: Please download the lasted version of Reolink Client before you start.
Step 1. Connect the camera directly to your PC with a network cable.
Step 2. Open Reolink Client, then click Add Device -> Scan Device In LAN to find the IP address of your camera.
Step 3. Change the IP address of your computer to the same network segment of your camera.
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center. (For Windows 8 and higher versions, search for Control Panel and then select Network And Internet).
- Tap on Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on Local Area Connection and then select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and tap on Properties.
- Select Use the following IP address and enter the IP address, Subnet Mask, then click OK button and close the Local Area Connection 2 properties window.
1. The IP address eg: the camera IP is 192.168.177.105, then you ought to set the IP address as 192.168.177.X. X is the figures selected by yourself but shouldn't be the same as the camera.
2. The Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0.
Done! Now you are able to access Reolink cameras without a router after connecting your cameras directly to your PC. You may log in to the cameras via Reolink Client.