Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about Reolink Keen and Reolink Argus series cameras.
1. Q: What kind of batteries do Reolink Keen and Argus support?
A: Reolink Keen and Argus can work with CR123A batteries.
Note: To extend the battery lifetime, please DO NOT mix new and old batteries, or batteries from different brands.
2. Q: Can I use rechargeable batteries for these cameras?
A: Yes, rechargeable batteries with a voltage range between 3.7V – 4.2V are compatible, but you can not charge the batteries inserted in the camera directly.
3. Q: How long can a full level battery work?
A: Normally the new batteries for Reolink Keen/Argus can last for:
Stand-by: 6 months;
- 660 minutes for day session or 300 minutes in night mode (Keen)
- 840 minutes for day session or 420 minutes in night mode (Argus)
- 960 minutes for day session or 540 minutes in night mode (Argus 2 & Argus Pro)
Note: Working duration of batteries from different brands may be different.
4. Q: Can I replace the micro SD card? What is the maximum SD card storage supported?
A: Reolink cameras can work with common micro SD card, and the maximum storage supported is 64GB.
5. Q: Can I power off the Reolink Keen & Reolink Argus?
A: There is no power button on the camera or power off option in Reolink App.
If you want to power off the camera, please take out all the batteries.
Note: If your camera is Reolink Keen and you won't use it over a long period of time, please do take out all the batteries for safety reason.
6. Q: What should I do if I don’t want to use the PIR alarm?
A: Please take out the batteries in the PIR motion sensor.
7. Q: How many PIR sensors can be added to one Reolink Keen?
A: Currently, Reolink Keen supports only one PIR sensor.
8. Q: Can Reolink Keen work in LAN? How to prevent unauthorized access to my camera?
A: Reolink Keen can work in LAN. To prevent unknown users to access your camera using default password, please set up a login password once Reolink Keen is connected to the Network.
9. Q: Why Reolink Keen fails to send audio alarms when motions are detected?
A: Please check whether Audio Alarm is enabled. As for how to configure it, please refer to Set up Sound Alarm (Siren) via Reolink App.