Applies to: Reolink WiFi cameras excluding battery-powered cameras.
When you are setting up Wi-Fi for your Reolink Wi-Fi camera (includes RLC-410WS, 411WS, 422W, 423WS, C1, C1 Pro, C2), you may encounter the error message “Wi-Fi Test Failed”. In this case, please check this guide to correct the problem.
On Reolink app, don’t hit the “Save” icon on the top right-hand side to save the settings.
On Reolink desktop client, don't click on “OK” button to save the settings.
- Please click on Show Password to double check whether you have entered the WiFi password of your network correctly( password is case-sensitive and on some Android phones, it will add a blank space in the end automatically).
- If the digits of the password for your Wi-Fi exceeds the limit of 127-digit, In this case, your Wi-Fi password is too long. Please log on to your router and change it to something shorter.
- Only when the Wi-Fi test succeeds and you already save the settings, should you proceed to unplug the Ethernet cable.
- If the encryption method of your Wi-Fi network is WEP, which is not accepted by Reolink cameras( WEP encryption method is not secure and old-fashioned), please change it to WPA/WPA2.
- Please check whether the antennas of the camera are securely mounted. Also, please place the camera closer to the router and try again.
- The WiFi channel of the router doesn’t work with the camera. In this case, please kindly log on to the router portal on a browser, and modify the WiFi channel to other available values. (If you have problems with this step, it’s advised to consult with the router provider for assistance)