When you are setting up Wi-Fi for your Reolink Wi-Fi camera (includes RLC-410WS, 411WS, 422W, 423WS, C1, C1 Pro, C2), you may encounter the error message “Wi-Fi Test Failed”. In this case, please check this guide to correct the problem.
On Reolink app, don’t hit the “Save” icon on the top right-hand side to save the settings.
On Reolink desktop client, don't click on “OK” button to save the settings.
- Please click on Show Password to double check whether you have entered the WiFi password of your network correctly( password is case-sensitive and on some Android phones, it will add a blank space in the end automatically).
- If the digits of the password for your Wi-Fi exceeds the limit of 63-digit, In this case, your Wi-Fi password is too long. Please log on to your router and change it to something shorter.
- Only when the Wi-Fi test succeeds and you already save the settings, should you proceed to unplug the Ethernet cable.
- If the encryption method of your Wi-Fi network is WEP, which is not accepted by Reolink cameras( WEP encryption method is not secure and old-fashioned), please change it to WPA/WPA2.
- Please check whether the antennas of the camera are securely mounted. Also, please place the camera closer to the router and try again.
- The WiFi channel of the router doesn’t work with the camera. In this case, please kindly log on to the router portal on a browser, and modify the WiFi channel to other available values. (If you have problems with this step, it’s advised to consult with the router provider for assistance)
If you experience any problems, please contact us for further support.
Reolink Wi-Fi cameras (battery-powered models not included)