This article guides you on how to install the Reolink Argus/Argus Pro/Argus 2 to get the best performance on the PIR motion detection and reduce the false alerts
Reolink Argus Placement
- Rule No.1: Know Camera’s Field of View
The field of view of Reolink Argus is diagonal 130° and horizontal 110°, please make sure the monitoring area is well within its field of view.
The ideal viewing distance is 2 to 10 meters (7ft — 33ft), which enables you to recognize a human. To achieve better viewing experience, it's advised not to place the camera too far away or too high from designated monitoring areas (7ft — 33ft).
- Rule No.2: Understand the Detecting Field of the PIR Motion Sensor
Our PIR motion sensor is more sensitive to side-to-side movement than movement heading straight toward the camera or away from the detecting field (horizontal 120˚) of the PIR motion sensor.
For example, when a person moves straight toward the camera (shown below), the PIR motion sensor will be less sensitive to the movement.
Note: To get the best performance of the camera, please make sure the camera is mounted well within the coverage of your wireless network.
Camera Placement Dos & Don’ts
For reducing False alarms, please note that:
- Do not install the camera facing any objects with bright lights, including sunshine, bright lamp lights, etc.
- Do not place the camera too close to a place where many vehicles move frequently; 15 meters (55ft) away from the vehicle is the recommended distance based on our numerous tests.
- Stay away from the outlets, including the air conditioner vents, humidifier outlets, the heat transfer vent of projectors, etc.
- Do not install the camera facing the mirror.
- Keep the camera at least 1 meter away from any wireless devices, including Wi-Fi routers and phones in order to avoid wireless interference.