Reolink Solar Panel.
What may affect the effectiveness of Reolink Solar Panel？
Your Reolink Solar panel may not be able to keep your camera fully charged on days that are snowy, cloudy, gloomy, or rainy. Your Reolink Solar panel may also be not able to keep your camera charged during periods of heavy use (active access or frequent triggers).
These external factors play roles in how effective a Reolink Solar Panel generates electricity: shade, temperature, weather, and amount of dust or debris on its surface. If your Reolink Solar panel is not keeping your Argus2 battery charged, make sure that you wipe with wet tissue or cloth over the surface of the Reolink Solar Panel regularly to receive enough sunlight.
How to optimize the effectiveness of Reolink Solar Panel？
The amount of energy that the Reolink Solar Panel can produce depends on several factors: average sun exposure, weather conditions, tilt angle, and dust or debris.
To optimize the effectiveness of your Reolink Solar panel, do the following:
- Choose a location for your Reolink Solar panel that gets plenty of sunlight- Never select a position in the shadow of trees, buildings, or other obstacles, in case the Reolink Solar panel receives insufficient sunlight.
- Mount your Reolink Solar panel facing true south (in the northern hemisphere) or true north (in the southern hemisphere) and tilt it to the appropriate angle for your latitude.
- Wipe with wet tissue or cloth over the surface of the Reolink Solar Panel regularly to receive enough sunlight.
Troubleshootings-Reolink Solar Panel is not charging the Argus 2 camera
If you find that your Reolink Solar Panel is not charging the Argus 2 camera, please troubleshoot per following orders:
1. Unplug and reinsert the charging cable.
2. Make sure that your Reolink Solar panel is pointed toward the sun and is not obstructed by trees, buildings, or other obstacles.
3. Make sure that your camera is not in temperatures below freezing.
4. Reduce your camera usage for a day or two and note your camera’s battery level.
Heavy usage of your camera can drain the camera battery faster than the Reolink Solar panel can recharge it, especially with poor sun exposure.
Reolink Solar Panel working in low temperature
Your Argus2 camera batteries may indicate low battery level in cold weather because their internal chemical reactions slow significantly at low temperatures.
Because of the kinds of batteries they use, the minimum operating temperature for Argus 2 cameras is 14°F (-10°C). Do not put the camera in use when the temperature is out of range.
Please charge the battery in temperatures between 0°C and 45°C (32-113°F).