You may follow the steps below to quickly set up or change the record schedule for your camera on the Reolink App.
Applies to: All Reolink cameras with micro SD card or SD card slot except the battery-powered cameras without smart detection such as Argus 2/Pro.
For cameras with a micro SD card inserted, you can set the camera to record motion-triggered recordings or continuous recordings as you want. First of all, you need to log in to the camera on the Reolink App and go to Settings > Camera Recording page. Please enable Camera Recording first. Then tap Schedule.
Part 1. Set up a Motion Recording Schedule
Motion recording means the camera will record to the SD card when it detects motion events. If your camera supports smart detection, you could choose to record certain types of alarm events instead of recording all motion-triggered events.
Step 1. Select Alarm to configure a motion-triggered recording schedule. Tap on one of the blue bars (Sun. for example) time bar to configure a specific alarm recording schedule.
- For cameras with smart detection, there are four detection types: any motion, person, vehicle, and pet/animal(KEEN Ranger PT only). Tap to choose which types of recording you want the camera to record. If you choose Any Motion only, then it will only detect normal motions and you can't see Person, Vehicle, Pet/Animal recording while playback.
- Please note that the detection types vary from different models of your camera, and some cameras (8MP and 12MP) support setting the recording for your pet. For some models which do not support smart detection, there is no detection type that can be chosen. The camera record all motion-triggered alarm events.
- To set up the smart detection feature via the app for the stand-alone camera, please make sure you had inserted a micro SD card( up to 256 GB) into this camera and also update your phone app to the latest version( app version 126.96.36.199 or above).
Step 2. Tap on the grids(one for an hour) to Enable/Disable motion-triggered recording for that hour. Tap the corresponding day to copy the settings to that day. If you finish setting up, turn back to the schedule page and tap Save.
Part 2. Set up a Continuous Recording Schedule (Battery-powered cameras excluded)
Step 1. Select Timer on the recording Schedule page. Then tap on one of the blue bars (Sun. for example) time bar to configure a specific timer recording schedule.
Step 2. Tap on the grids(one for an hour) to Enable/Disable continuous recording for that hour. Tap the corresponding day to copy the settings to that day.
If you finish setting up, turn back to the schedule page and tap Save.
Note: Recording Schedule settings are slightly different for PoE/WiFi cameras without smart detection.
If you have PoE/WiFi cameras without smart detection such as RLC-511, the recording schedule will be a little bit different from other cameras.
- Tap on the grids and choose Alarm(motion recording)/Timer(continuous recording)/None(no recording) for that hour. They are blue, yellow and grey respectively.
- Tap the corresponding day to copy the settings to that day.
- Tap Save if you finish setting. Then you will see the configured recording schedule.