By uploading security camera footage to the FTP server, you can enjoy these advantages without paying expensive subscription fees.
Applies to: all Reolink POE NVRs and IP cameras( E1 Zoom is included) except for all Reolink battery-powered cameras, Reolink E1, Reolink E1 Pro, B400, D400, B800, D800, and Reolink Lumus.
Note: Please verify that your FTP server is working properly before configuring FTP settings on Reolink App. If you don't have one, see how to build FTP Server on Your PC (Cerberus FTP Server).
You may follow the steps below to set up FTP via Reolink App.
Step 1. Launch Reolink App, log into your device, and tap Device Settings.
Step 2. Tap FTP UPload, enable the FTP Upload option, and then tap FTP Settings to enter the settings page.
Step 3. Complete the information required and tap Save to save all the settings.
- Server Address: Type in the address of your FTP server and FTP port. The default FTP port for Reolink products is 21.
- User Name and Password: Enter the user name and password of your FTP server. If there is no username and password required, please enable Anonymous FTP.
- Upload Directory: Set an upload directory for device video recording. You may also leave it blank.
- Maximum File Length: you can enter the file length here.
- File Type: Choose to upload both video and picture or picture only.
- FTP Postpone: Set the record time limit after a motion is detected. This option is only available when the File Type is Video and the FTP Schedule is Alarm.
- Transfer Mode: divided into Auto, PORT, and PASV three parts. We suggest you choose the Auto option.
You can also set up an FTP schedule for your camera to upload the recordings to the FTP server at the time you want.
Step1. Tap Schedule>>Set a weekly schedule for uploading files to the FTP server.
Step2. Tap the blue bar to set a specific time in a day, and you can copy the same settings to other days.
- Alarm means that the recordings will be uploaded when there are motions detected, and Timer means that the recordings will be uploaded to the FTP server in a certain time according to the FTP Interval you set on the FTP settings page.
- The detection type will vary from different models of your camera.
- One grid represents one hour.