Applies to: All Reolink Cameras
Note: If you find the image quality of your Reolink camera is poor, you can set up the record encode to improve the image quality.
The setting of Record Encode applies to six functions of Reolink cameras. As follows:
- Email attachment
- Download the recording
- Recordings uploading to the FTP
- Recordings uploading to the Cloud
There are five main options in the Record Encode page.
- Stream Type: You can change the stream mode here to improve the image quality. Including Clear mode and Fluent mode. Refer to: The Difference among Clear, Fluent and Balanced
- Resolution: The higher the resolution, the clearer the image quality.
- Frame Rate(fps): It determines the video fluency. The higher the frame rate, the smoother the video.
- Maximum Bitrate (kbps): This option tells you how much bandwidth that your camera will take.
- H.264 Profile: Under normal circumstances, you don't need to change this option unless you want to make Reolink camera with the third-party software.
Here are six terminals you can set up the record encode.