Applies to: All Reolink PoE cameras.
You may power on Reolink PoE cameras via PoE injector/switch or PoE NVR directly, or by using the power adapter.
Method 1: Power via PoE Injector/Switch
- For Reolink RLC-423, RLC-423S, you need to make sure that the PoE injector/switch is 802.3at compliant (48V) and supports active mode.
- For other Reolink PoE camera models, please make sure that the PoE injector/switch is 802.3af compliant (48V) and supports active mode.
Method 2: Power by PoE NVR
Connect your IP camera to the PoE NVR by a single network cable, then the PoE camera will get power via the PoE NVR.
Method 3: Power by Using the Power Adapter
Alternatively, you can power on the camera in another way---by using power adapter.
- For Reolink RLC-423, RLC-423S, the ratings of power adapter should be DC 12V 2A.
- For other Reolink PoE camera models, the ratings of power adapter should be DC 12V 2/1A.
- Do not purchase passive PoE injectors as they won’t work with Reolink PoE cameras.
- It's better to use high-quality PoE injectors/switches.
- We recommend that you purchase the Ethernet cable with Cat5 and above.
- Please install the waterproof lid at the junction of the Ethernet cable and the camera to protect the junction from water.
- Please note that the optimum distance between the camera and the PoE switch/Reolink NVR is 300 feet.