If you have ordered the Reolink Duo Floodlight PoE or if you are interested in this camera model, and want to get some basic information about this product before putting it in use or placing the order, you may refer to the below introduction.
This article includes the following 4 parts which will help you quickly understand the use and working principles of the camera:
Unboxing Video of Reolink Duo Floodlight PoE
Here is what's in the box:
You may find detailed information about the structure and components of the camera here.
- IR LED
- Daylight Sensor
- Micro SD Card Slot
- Reset Button
- Mounting Bracket
Fix the Floodlight to the Camera
1. Screw the floodlight to the camera.
2. Connect the wire from the floodlight to the wire from the camera. Make sure the side of
the wire from the floodlight with an arrow mark on it faces the LAN port, as shown in the
3. Tuck the wires into the mounting bracket.
Mount the Camera to the Wall
1. Drill holes in accordance with the mounting template.
2. Secure the mounting plate to the wall with two screws.
3. Connect the steel wire rope in the mounting bracket to the mounting plate,
and hang the camera on the mounting plate.
4. Drill into the wall in accordance with the hole on the mounting bracket. Lock the camera in
position with a screw.
NOTE: Use the drywall anchors included in the package if needed.
- Do not face the camera toward any light sources.
- Do not point the camera toward a glass window. Or, it may result in poor image quality
because of the window glare by infrared LEDs, ambient lights, or status lights.
- Do not place the camera in a shaded area and point it towards a well-lit area. Or, it may
result in poor image quality. To ensure the best image quality, the lighting condition for both the
camera and the captured object shall be the same.
- To ensure better image quality, it’s recommended to clean the lens with a soft cloth from
time to time.
- Make sure the power ports are not directly exposed to water or moisture and not blocked
by dirt or other elements.
- With IP waterproof ratings, the camera can work properly under conditions like rain and
snow. However, it doesn't mean the camera can work underwater.
- Do not install the camera at places where rain and snow can hit the lens directly.
- The camera may work in extremely cold conditions as low as -25°C. Because when it is
powered on, the camera will produce heat. You may power on the camera indoors for a few
minutes before installing it outdoors.
- Try to keep the left lens level with the right lens.
Micro SD Card Installation
Please refer to the below steps to install the SD card on your camera.
Step 1. Use a screwdriver to unscrew the cover from the camera.
Step 2. Insert a micro SD card, please use your fingernail (or use the provided reset needle) to push the micro SD card in until you feel it is locked, and you will hear a click sound and the micro SD card will not pop out if the camera is inserted in properly.
To set up the camera, you need to switch on the camera and then finish the initial setup via both Reolink App and the Client.
On Reolink App
Step 1. Tap the iconin the top right corner.
Step 2. Scan the QR code on the back of the camera. You may tap Light to enable a flashlight when setting up the camera in a dark environment.
Step 3. Create a login password for your camera. Then click Next.
Step 4. Name your camera. Then click Next.
Step 5. Initialization finished! You can start live viewing now.
On Reolink Client
Step 1. Launch the Reolink Client and click the"+"icon.
Step 2. Find the uninitialized camera by scanning in LAN, and then click the "+" button. You can hit the refresh button if your camera does not show up immediately.
Step 3. Create a password for your camera, and click Next.
Step 4. Name your camera and click Finish.