The chime is the part of the doorbell that is located inside your house, making a sound whenever the push button of the doorbell is pressed. For every Reolink Video Doorbell camera, a Reolink chime is included in the product box.
Applies to: Reolink Video Doorbell PoE, and Reolink Video Doorbell WiFi.
There are 3 buttons on the side of the Reolink chime. Each of them is designed to realize different functions. This article will explain how these buttons are used in detail.
Note: Reolink Chime could only be used with Reolink Video Doorbell cameras.
1. Settings Button
The first button on the side of the chime is Settings. It looks like a gear.
The settings button is used for pairing the Reolink chime with the doorbell camera. Please note that the video doorbell and chime in the same pack are paired by default. After you finish the initial setup of the Reolink doorbell camera, plug the chime into a power socket. Press the doorbell and the chime will sound.
If you need to pair the chime with the doorbell camera again, you may follow the steps below:
- 1. Plug the chime into the power socket,
- 2. Press and hold the Settings button for 5 seconds until the chime makes a short beep sound and its blue status light is on. Then release the button. Now the doorbell camera and the chime are in pairing mode.
- 3. Press the doorbell. If the chime's blue status light flashes twice and the chime beeps twice, it means the chime is successfully paired.
- 4. Now press the doorbell, and the chime shall sound.
2. Audio Button
The second button on the side of the chime is Audio. It looks like a musical note.
If you press this button, you can switch between different ringtones.
The chime is prefabricated with 10 different pieces of music. You can choose whatever you like.
3. Volume Button
The third button on the side of the chime is Volume. It looks like a speaker.
It has two functions: Changing the volume of the chime ringtones; Resetting the chime.
3.1 Changing the Chime's Volume.
- The chime has 5 levels of volume: mute, low, moderate, loud, and very loud. Each time you press the volume button, the volume of the doorbell will be louder increasingly until it reaches the loudest. Proceeding to press this button, the doorbell volume will decrease one level by one level.
- When the volume is set to "low" or "very loud", the chime will ring out two beeps.
- when the volume is set to "mute", the chime will only flash.
Note: The chime's volume could only be adjusted this way. You cannot change the chime's volume through Reolink App or Reolink Client.
3.2 Resetting the Chime.
If you need to erase all the configuration of the chime, you could resort to resetting the chime. Here is a guide for your reference: How to Reset Reolink Chime.
Please note that you need to pair the chime with the doorbell after resetting the chime.