Step 1. Login to your Gmail account in browser to allow a third party App use Gmail SMTP server.
- Please click the “Google apps” button and choose “My Account“.
- Click on “Connected apps & sites” under “Sign-in security“.
- Scroll the page down and find “Allow less secure apps: ON“, it is not on by default, please turn it on.
After access is allowed in your Google, please follow steps below to configure Email Settings in Reolink Client
Step 2. Launch Reolink Client on your PC and login your Reolink camera, click on “Device Settings”.
Step 3. Click on “Network > Advanced”, then click on “Setup” next to “E-mail” to enter the setup page.
Step 4. Complete the information required.
- SMTP Server/ SMTP Port: Type in the SMTP server and port for the sender Address, Default SMTP server and port is Gmail server and 465, change it accordingly if you have other email, otherwise, leave it by default.
- Sender Address: Fill in your email address to send motion detect alert emails.
- Password: Fill in your email password of sender email.
- Recipient Address: Fill in your email address to receive motion alert emails. Recipient address can be the same as sender address.
- Attachment: Select to attach picture or video when send e-mail or receive only notification(disable).
- Picture Only: If checked, camera will only attach a picture in the email without any text content. This option is only available when Attachment is Attach Picture.
- Email Interval: The length of time that must elapse after the Camera sends an email alert before it will send another.
Note: The Sender Address and Recipient Address can be the same.
Step 5. Click on “Setup” to the right of “Email Schedule” to schedule email.
Step 6. Click on “Email Test” to check if your Email setup status. You should read “Send Email Succeed” if setup succeed.