Knowing how to use the RLC-820A camera and how it functions is far from an easy task. This article, acting as a key to the door, includes the following 4 parts which will help you quickly understand the use and working principles of the camera:
Unboxing Video of RLC-820A
If you just receive your new camera and are not familiar with the camera, you can have a look at the below video about the unboxing, setup and installation of the camera.
You may find detailed information about the structure and components of the camera here.
- Reset Button
- Waterproof Lid
- Metal Aluminum Case
- High-Definition Lens (f=4.0mm)
- 18 IR LEDs
- Daylight Sensor
- Built-In Mic
For more specs, please refer to Specifications
Installation of RLC-820A
To make the camera work properly and monitor the designed area, you need to connect the camera to the network, and also mount the camera with a bracket as you need.
Please take the below diagram as a reference to connect the camera to the network.
To make the camera work, you need to use the PoE Switch (IEEE 802.3af, 48V Active) or DC Power (DC 12V1/2A) to power on the camera.
Or if you want to make Reolink NVR work with the camera, its connection diagram will be like below:
Mount the Camera
Please refer to the following steps to install the camera with the mount.
Step 1. Use the mounting hole template to drill mounting holes on the ceiling, and plant the rubber anchoring into the mounting holes.
Step 2. Screw the base panel to the mounting holes on the ceiling or wall.
It's suggested to install dome cameras on the ceiling usually.
Step 3. Fit the concave at the bottom of the camera (marked as 4,5,6 in the picture below) to the convex on the base panel (marked as 1,2,3 in the picture below), and then rotate the camera seating (marked as Part A) clockwise to lock the camera tightly with the base panel.
Step 4. Once the camera is installed, you can adjust the angle up and down 70 degrees or 360 degrees horizontally.
- Do not face the camera toward any light sources.
- Do not point the camera toward a glass window. Or, it may result in poor image performance due to the window glare from infrared LEDs, ambient lights or status lights.
- Do not place the camera in a shaded area and point it towards a well-lit area. Or, it may result in poor image performance. For better image quality, please make sure that the lighting condition for both the camera and the captured object is the same.
- For better image quality, ifs recommended that the lens be cleaned with a soft cloth regularly.
- Make sure the power ports are not exposed to water or moisture or blocked by dirt or other elements.
- Do not install the camera in places where rain and snow may hit the lens directly.
- The camera may work in extremely cold conditions as low as -25°C as it will produce heat when powered on. You may power on the camera indoors for a few minutes before installing it outdoors.
Micro SD Card Installation
Please refer to the steps below to install the micro SD card on your camera.
Step 1. Find the micro SD card slot and unscrew the screws to open it.
Step 2. Insert the micro SD card, please use your fingernail (or use a pen or a needle) to push the micro SD card in until you feel it is locked, and you will hear a click sound and the micro SD card will not pop out if the camera is inserted in properly.
Step 3. Screw the screws to close the cover tightly.
To set up the camera, you need to connect the camera to a PoE switch/injector for network connection. After that, you may finish the initial setup via both Reolink App and the Client.
On Reolink App
Step 1. Open the Reolink App, click "+" on the upright corner, and scan the QR code on the camera to add it.
Step 2. Create the password, name the device, and then start to live view.
For more details, please refer to:
- Step 1. Open the Reolink App, click "+" on the upright corner, and scan the QR code on the camera to add it.
On Reolink Client
Step 1. Launch the Reolink Client, click the Add button and then find the device by scanning in LAN or by entering UID/IP.
Step 2. Click the Add button.
Step 3. Create a password and a name for your camera, then you will be able to view the camera.
To get more information, please have a look at:
- Step 1. Launch the Reolink Client, click the Add button and then find the device by scanning in LAN or by entering UID/IP.